California Code, Welfare and Institutions Code - WIC § 5604.2
Search California Codes
(a) The local mental health board shall do all of the following:
(1) Review and evaluate the community's mental health needs, services, facilities, and special problems.
(2) Review any county agreements entered into pursuant to Section 5650 .
(3) Advise the governing body and the local mental health director as to any aspect of the local mental health program.
(4) Review and approve the procedures used to ensure citizen and professional involvement at all stages of the planning process.
(5) Submit an annual report to the governing body on the needs and performance of the county's mental health system.
(6) Review and make recommendations on applicants for the appointment of a local director of mental health services. The board shall be included in the selection process prior to the vote of the governing body.
(7) Review and comment on the county's performance outcome data and communicate its findings to the California Behavioral Health Planning Council.
(8) Nothing in this part shall be construed to limit the ability of the governing body to transfer additional duties or authority to a mental health board.
(b) It is the intent of the Legislature that, as part of its duties pursuant to subdivision (a), the board shall assess the impact of the realignment of services from the state to the county, on services delivered to clients and on the local community.
Read this complete California Code, Welfare and Institutions Code - WIC § 5604.2 on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.