California Code, Welfare and Institutions Code - WIC § 11325.2
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search California Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) At the time a recipient enters the welfare-to-work program, the county shall conduct an appraisal, pursuant to regulations adopted by the department, during which the recipient is informed of the requirement to participate in allowable welfare-to-work activities and of the provision of supportive services, pursuant to Section 11323.2. The appraisal shall gather and provide information about the recipient in the following areas:
(1) Employment history, interests, and skills.
(2) Educational history and learning disabilities.
(3) Housing status and stability.
(4) Language barriers.
(5) Physical and behavioral health, including, but not limited to, mental health and substance abuse issues.
(6) Child health and well-being.
(7) Criminal background that may present a barrier to employment or housing stability.
(8) Domestic violence.
(9) Need for supportive services as described in Section 11323.2.
(10) Other information that may affect an individual's ability to participate in work activities.
(b)(1) The county shall utilize a standardized appraisal tool in order to assess strengths for and barriers to work activities. This tool shall be developed or selected by the department, in consultation with stakeholders, and shall be customized as needed for statewide use.
(2) Concurrent with the development of the standardized appraisal tool, mandatory training shall be developed for administration of the tool and shall, in addition, include skill-building components, including, at a minimum, rapport building and interviewing techniques.
(c)(1) If the results of the appraisal indicate that the individual may face barriers that impair his or her ability to participate in work activities, the county shall refer the recipient for an evaluation and services as described in Section 11325.25, 11325.5, or 11325.8, or may refer the recipient to family stabilization pursuant to Section 11325.24.
(2) If information obtained from the appraisal indicates that the individual qualifies for an exemption from welfare-to-work requirements, the county shall apply the exemption, pursuant to subdivision (b) of Section 11320.3.
(d) This section shall not apply to individuals subject to Article 3.5 (commencing with Section 11331) during the time that article is operative.
(e) This section shall become operative on January 1, 2014.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Welfare and Institutions Code - WIC § 11325.2 - last updated January 01, 2023 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/welfare-and-institutions-code/wic-sect-11325-2.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?