Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Community service activities shall meet all of the following criteria:
(1) Be performed in the public and private nonprofit sector.
(2) Provide participants with job skills that can lead to unsubsidized employment.
(3) Comply with the antidisplacement provisions contained in Section 11324.6.
(b) Participants in community service activities shall do all of the following:
(1) Participate in a community service activity for the number of hours required by Section 11322.8, unless fewer hours of community service participation are required by federal law.
(2) Participate in other work activities for the number of hours equal to the difference between the hours of participation in community service and the number of hours of participation required under Section 11322.8.
(c) The county plan pursuant to Section 10531 shall include a component, developed by the county in collaboration with local private sector employers, local education agencies, county welfare departments, organized labor, recipients of aid under this chapter, and government and community- based organizations providing job training and economic development, in order to identify all of the following:
(1) Unmet community needs that could be met through community service activities.
(2) The target population to be served.
(3) Entities responsible for project development, fiscal administration, and case management services.
(4) The terms of community service activities, that, to the extent feasible, shall be temporary and transitional, and not permanent.
(5) Supportive efforts, including job search, education, and training, which shall be provided to participants in community service activities.
(6) If the county intends to include grant-based on-the-job training in its community service plan, the process by which the county will comply with the voluntary consent form requirement established in subdivision (f) of Section 11322.6, including a list of the languages in which the consent form will be available.
(d) Aid under this chapter for any participant who fails to comply with the requirements of this section without good cause shall be reduced in accordance with Section 11327.5.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Welfare and Institutions Code - WIC § 11322.9 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/welfare-and-institutions-code/wic-sect-11322-9.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?