Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Of the funds authorized by Section 79740 , five hundred ten million dollars ($510,000,000) shall be allocated to the hydrologic regions as identified in the California Water Plan in accordance with this section. For the South Coast hydrologic region, the department shall establish three funding areas that reflect the watersheds of San Diego County and southern Orange County (designated as the San Diego subregion), the Santa Ana River watershed (designated as the Santa Ana subregion), and the Los Angeles and Ventura County watersheds (designated as the Los Angeles subregion), and shall allocate funds to those areas in accordance with this subdivision. The North and South Lahontan hydrologic regions shall be treated as one area for the purpose of allocating funds. For purposes of this subdivision, the Sacramento River hydrologic region does not include the Delta. For purposes of this subdivision, the Mountain Counties Overlay is not eligible for funds from the Sacramento River hydrologic region or the San Joaquin River hydrologic region. Multiple integrated regional water management plans may be recognized in each of the areas allocated funding.
(b) Funds made available by this chapter shall be allocated as follows:
(1) Twenty-six million five hundred thousand dollars ($26,500,000) for the North Coast hydrologic region.
(2) Sixty-five million dollars ($65,000,000) for the San Francisco Bay hydrologic region.
(3) Forty-three million dollars ($43,000,000) for the Central Coast hydrologic region.
(4) Ninety-eight million dollars ($98,000,000) for the Los Angeles subregion.
(5) Sixty-three million dollars ($63,000,000) for the Santa Ana subregion.
(6) Fifty-two million five hundred thousand dollars ($52,500,000) for the San Diego subregion.
(7) Thirty-seven million dollars ($37,000,000) for the Sacramento River hydrologic region.
(8) Thirty-one million dollars ($31,000,000) for the San Joaquin River hydrologic region.
(9) Thirty-four million dollars ($34,000,000) for the Tulare/Kern hydrologic region.
(10) Twenty-four million five hundred thousand dollars ($24,500,000) for the North/South Lahontan hydrologic region.
(11) Twenty-two million five hundred thousand dollars ($22,500,000) for the Colorado River Basin hydrologic region.
(12) Thirteen million dollars ($13,000,000) for the Mountain Counties Overlay.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Water Code - WAT § 79744 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/water-code/wat-sect-79744.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.