California Code, Vehicle Code - VEH § 5014

An application by a person other than a manufacturer or dealer for an identification plate for special construction equipment, cemetery equipment, special mobile equipment, logging vehicle, cotton trailer, or farm trailer as specified in Section 36109 , a vehicle that is farmer-owned and used as provided in subdivision (b) of Section 36101 , a motor vehicle that is farmer-owned and operated and used as provided in subdivision (a) of Section 36101 , an automatic bale wagon operated as specified in subdivision (a) or (b) of Section 36102 , or a farm trailer that is owned, rented, or leased by a farmer and is operated and used as provided in subdivision (b) of Section 36010 , shall include the following:

(a) The true, full name and the driver's license or identification card number, if any, of the owner.

(b) A statement by the owner of the use or uses which he or she intends to make of the equipment.

(c) A description of the vehicle, including any distinctive marks or features.

(d) A photograph of the vehicle.  Only one photograph of one piece of equipment shall be required to be attached to the application when identification plates are to be obtained for more than one piece of equipment, each of which is of the same identical type.

(e) Other information as may reasonably be required by the department to determine whether the applicant is entitled to be issued an identification plate.

(f) A service fee of fifteen dollars ($15) for each vehicle.  The plates shall be renewed between January 1 and February 4 every five calendar years, commencing in 1986.  Any part of the year of the first application constitutes a calendar year.  An application for renewal of an identification plate shall contain a space for the applicant's driver's license or identification card number, and the applicant shall furnish that number, if any, in the space provided.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.