(a) A dealer shall not sell, offer for sale, or display, any new, assembled motorcycle on its premises, unless there is securely attached to its handlebar a label, in the form of a hang tag, approved by the Department of Motor Vehicles, furnished by the manufacturer, on which the manufacturer shall clearly indicate the following for that specific motorcycle:
(1) The recommended retail price of the motorcycle.
(2) The recommended price for each accessory or item of optional equipment physically attached to the motorcycle at the time of its delivery to the dealer.
(3) The manufacturer's suggested retail price for the motorcycle, which is the sum of the prices in paragraphs (1) and (2).
(4) The vehicle identification number.
(b) A dealer shall not affix to a new motorcycle a supplemental price label containing a price that represents the dealer's asking price that exceeds the manufacturer's suggested retail price unless the label is in compliance with all of the following:
(1) The supplemental price label, in lieu of the supplemental sticker provided for in subdivision (q) of Section 11713.1 , is securely attached to the handlebar of the motorcycle in a way that does not prevent access to the manufacturer's hang tag and clearly and conspicuously discloses in the largest print appearing on the label, other than the print size used for the dealer's name, that the supplemental label price is the dealer's asking price, or words of similar import, and that it is not the manufacturer's suggested retail price.
(2) The supplemental label clearly and conspicuously discloses the manufacturer's suggested retail price.
(3) The supplemental label lists each item for which the dealer imposes a charge that is not included in the manufacturer's suggested retail price, and discloses the additional price of each item, including, but not limited to, the amount charged by the dealer for assembly, preparation, or both, and the amount charged by the dealer for transportation to the dealership. Charges disclosed shall be net of reimbursement received by the dealer from the manufacturer.
(4) If the supplemental label price is greater than the sum of the manufacturer's suggested retail price and the price of the items disclosed pursuant to paragraph (3), the supplemental label shall set forth that difference and describe it as “added mark-up.”
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.