California Code, Vehicle Code - VEH CA VEHICLE § 12804.15

(a) Notwithstanding Section 362 , for purposes of this section “house car” means a vehicle described in subdivision (b) of Section 12804.10 .

(b)(1) Except as provided under paragraph (2), no person may operate a house car unless that person has in his or her possession a valid driver's license of the appropriate class and an endorsement thereto issued by the department to permit operation of the house car.

(2) A nonresident may not operate a house car in this state unless that person is in possession of an out-of-state driver's license authorizing the operation of that vehicle.

(c) An endorsement to drive a house car may be issued only if the applicant meets all of the following conditions:

(1) The applicant successfully completes an examination prescribed by the department to determine qualification for the endorsement.

(2) Upon initial application and every two years thereafter, the applicant submits medical information on a form approved by the department to verify that the person meets the minimum medical requirements established by the department for operation of a house car.

(3) Upon application for issuance of an original driver's license or renewal driver's license pursuant to subdivision (b) of Section 12804.10 , there shall be paid to the department a fee of thirty-four dollars ($34) for a license that will expire on the applicant's fifth birthday following the date of the application.

(d) The department may deny, suspend, or revoke an endorsement to drive a house car when the applicant does not meet any requirement for the issuance or retention of the endorsement.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.