(a) The department, in accordance with a plan approved by the board, shall do all of the following:
(1) Provide fire prevention and firefighting implements and apparatus.
(2) Organize fire crews and patrols.
(3) Establish observation stations and other necessary structures.
(4) Employ people to effect the plan.
(5) Construct and maintain telephone lines and provide other means of communication as necessary to prevent and extinguish forest fires.
(b) The department may provide, when available and to the extent that it does not require additional funds, rescue, first aid, and other emergency services to the public in state responsibility areas. Any emergency medical services shall be in accordance with Division 2.5 (commencing with Section 1797) of the Health and Safety Code and any rules and regulations adopted pursuant to that division.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.