Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. The board of supervisors of a county establishing a laboratory pursuant to this article shall appoint a board of managers for the laboratory which shall consist of at least five members, two of whom shall be physicians duly licensed to practice in the state of New York.
2. The county medical society may present to the board of supervisors a list of physicians residing in the county from which the board may choose the medical members of the board of managers.
3. In counties having a county board of health and a county health commissioner, the president of the county board of health and the county health commissioner shall be members of the board of managers ex-officio.
4. The members of the board of managers, with the exception of the members ex-officio, shall first be appointed, so that the term of one member shall expire within one year from the first day of January of the year in which he shall have been appointed, the term of another member shall expire within two years of the first day of January of the year in which he shall have been appointed, the term of another member shall expire within three years of the first day of January of the year in which he shall have been appointed, the term of another member shall expire within four years of the first day of January of the year in which he shall have been appointed, and the term of another member shall expire within five years of the first day of January of the year in which he shall have been appointed. Thereafter the terms of membership shall be made for five years from the first day of January of the year in which the appointment is made.
5. In any county in which a county health district has been or is hereafter established, the boundaries of which are coterminous with the county, the board of supervisors shall have power to abolish the board of managers of the county laboratory, and confer all the powers and duties of such board of managers upon the county board of health.
6. The members of boards of managers in existence at the time when this chapter takes effect shall continue in office until their respective terms have expired and their respective successors are appointed and have qualified.
7. (a) The county laboratory board of managers in any county wherein an alternative form of government shall have established a county health district coterminous with the county is hereby abolished and the laboratory transferred and reestablished as a division of the county health department.
(b) The county may thereafter apply for state aid for such laboratory and shall be entitled to such state aid as would be provided under this section if the amount expended for maintenance and operation of such laboratory were expended for maintenance and operation of a laboratory established in accordance with other provisions of this chapter.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Probate Code - PROB § 8402 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/probate-code/prob-sect-8402.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.