California Code, Probate Code - PROB § 1822

(a) At least 15 days before the hearing on the petition for appointment of a conservator, notice of the time and place of the hearing shall be given as provided in this section.  The notice shall be accompanied by a copy of the petition.  The court shall not shorten the time for giving the notice of hearing under this section.

(b) Notice shall be delivered pursuant to Section 1215 to the following persons:

(1) The spouse, if any, or registered domestic partner, if any, of the proposed conservatee at the address stated in the petition.

(2) The relatives named in the petition at their addresses stated in the petition.

(c) If notice is required by Section 1461 to be given to the Director of State Hospitals or the Director of Developmental Services, notice shall be delivered pursuant to Section 1215 as required.

(d) If the petition states that the proposed conservatee is receiving or is entitled to receive benefits from the Veterans Administration, notice shall be mailed to the Office of the Veterans Administration referred to in Section 1461.5 .

(e) If the proposed conservatee is a person with developmental disabilities, at least 30 days before the day of the hearing on the petition, the petitioner shall deliver pursuant to Section 1215 a notice of the hearing and a copy of the petition to the regional center identified in Section 1827.5 .

(f) If the petition states that the petitioner and the proposed conservator have no prior relationship with the proposed conservatee and are not nominated by a family member, friend, or other person with a relationship to the proposed conservatee, notice shall be delivered pursuant to Section 1215 to the public guardian of the county in which the petition is filed.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard