Skip to main content

California Code, Probate Code - PROB § 11850

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

Subject to Section 11851, the personal representative may deposit property to be distributed with the county treasurer of the county in which the proceedings are pending in the name of the distributee in any of the following cases:

(a) The property remains in the possession of the personal representative unclaimed or the whereabouts of the distributee is unknown.

(b) The distributee refuses to give a receipt for the property.

(c) The distributee is a minor or incompetent person who has no guardian, conservator, or other fiduciary to receive the property or person authorized to give a receipt for the property.

(d) For any other reason the property cannot be distributed, and the personal representative desires discharge. Notwithstanding Section 11851, deposit may not be made under this subdivision except on court order.

Cite this article: - California Code, Probate Code - PROB § 11850 - last updated January 01, 2023 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard