(a) Any person who violates one or more of the offenses listed in subdivision (b) with knowledge that he or she has acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) or with the knowledge that he or she carries antibodies of the human immunodeficiency virus at the time of the commission of those offenses shall receive a three-year enhancement for each violation in addition to the sentence provided under those sections.
(b) Subdivision (a) applies to the following crimes:
(1) Rape in violation of Section 261 .
(2) Unlawful intercourse with a person under 18 years of age in violation of Section 261.5 .
(3) Rape of a spouse in violation of Section 262 .
(4) Sodomy in violation of Section 286 .
(5) Oral copulation in violation of Section 287 or former Section 288a.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.