(a) The Secretary of the California Department of Veterans Affairs shall establish the California Central Coast Veterans Cemetery Advisory Committee that consists of the following persons appointed by the secretary:
(1) One representative from the County of Monterey, nominated by the Board of Supervisors of the County of Monterey.
(2) One representative from the City of Seaside, nominated by the City Council of the City of Seaside.
(3) One representative from the Fort Ord Reuse Authority, nominated by the board of directors of the Fort Ord Reuse Authority.
(4) Two members from the Fort Ord Veterans Cemetery Citizens Advisory Committee, nominated by that committee.
(5) At least two members from the department.
(b) In recognition of the fact that the Endowment Fund will be made up largely of private and local funds, the department shall seek the advice of the Advisory Committee when considering significant changes in the design of the veterans cemetery.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.