California Code, Labor Code - LAB § 1501

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

In this part, the following terms have the following meanings:

(a) “Civil Air Patrol leave” means leave requested by an employee who is a volunteer member of the California Wing of the civilian auxiliary of the United States Air Force commonly known as the Civil Air Patrol and who has been duly directed and authorized by the United States Air Force, the California Emergency Management Agency, or other political subdivision of the State of California that has the authority to authorize an emergency operational mission of the California Wing of the Civil Air Patrol, to respond to an emergency operational mission, within or outside of the state, of the California Wing of the Civil Air Patrol.

(b) “Employee” means a person who may be permitted, required, or directed by an employer for wages or pay to engage in any employment and who has been employed by that employer for at least a 90-day period immediately preceding the commencement of leave, if otherwise eligible for leave.

(c) “Employee benefits” means all benefits, other than salary and wages, provided or made available to an employee by an employer and includes group life insurance, health insurance, disability insurance, and pensions, regardless of whether benefits are provided by a policy or practice of an employer.

(d) “Employer” means any person, partnership, corporation, association, or other business entity;  or the State of California, a municipality, or other unit of local government;  that employs more than 15 employees.

Cite this article: - California Code, Labor Code - LAB § 1501 - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard