Skip to main content

California Code, Health and Safety Code - HSC § 50675.5

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) Eligible costs shall include the cost of developing dwelling units, transitional housing, and childcare, and after school care and social service facilities integrally linked to the assisted dwelling units.

(b) Eligible cost categories shall include all of the following:

(1) Real property acquisition, including refinancing of existing debt to the extent necessary to reduce debt service to a level consistent with the provision of affordable rents and the fiscal integrity of the project.

(2) New construction or rehabilitation, including the conversion of nonresidential structures to residential use.

(3) General property improvements that are necessary to correct unsafe, unhealthy, or unsanitary conditions, including renovations and remodeling, including, but not limited to, remodeling of kitchens and bathrooms, installation of new appliances, landscaping, and purchase or installation of central air-conditioning.

(4) Necessary and related onsite and offsite improvements.

(5) Reasonable developer fees.

(6) Reasonable consulting costs.

(7) Initial operating costs for housing units.

(8) Capitalized reserves for replacement and operation. The department may allow capitalized operating reserves to be used for rent subsidies for assisted units reserved for occupancy by households with incomes below limits determined by the department, which shall not exceed the income limit for very low income households.The department may offer capitalized reserves for operations and supportive services in the form of a grant.

(9) Any other costs of rehabilitation or new construction authorized by the department.

Cite this article: - California Code, Health and Safety Code - HSC § 50675.5 - last updated January 01, 2023 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard