California Code, Health and Safety Code - HSC § 25250.11
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search California Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) Any person who receives used oil from consumers or other used oil generators, is exempt from hazardous waste facilities permit requirements imposed pursuant to Article 9 (commencing with Section 25200) with respect to any location at which used oil is received if all of the following conditions are met:
(1) Each shipment of used oil received does not exceed 55 gallons, and the capacity of any single container does not exceed 55 gallons.
(2) No other hazardous wastes are received at the location, unless authorized by other provisions of law.
(3) The used oil is transported by the generator of the used oil.
(b) Any person who transports used oil is exempt from the requirements of subdivision (a) of Section 25163 and from the requirements of Section 25160 concerning the possession of a manifest while transporting used oil to a location described in subdivision (a) if all of the following conditions are met:
(1) The capacity of any single container does not exceed 55 gallons.
(2) Each shipment of used oil does not exceed 55 gallons.
(3) The person transporting the used oil had generated the used oil.
(4) The person transporting the used oil does not transport greater than 20 gallons of used oil, and does not transport any used oil in any container exceeding 5 gallons in capacity, without first contacting the destination location described in subdivision (a) and verifying that the location will accept the used oil.
(c) This section does not prevent any person that receives used oil pursuant to subdivision (a) from placing volume limits or container size limits on the shipments of used oil accepted by that person that are smaller than the limits specified in this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Health and Safety Code - HSC § 25250.11 - last updated January 01, 2023 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/health-and-safety-code/hsc-sect-25250-11.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?