Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The California Pollution Prevention Advisory Committee is hereby created and consists of the following members:
(1) The Executive Director of the State Air Resources Board, as an ex officio member.
(2) The Executive Director of the State Water Resources Control Board, as an ex officio member.
(3) The Director of Toxic Substances Control, as an ex officio member.
(4) The Director of Resources Recycling and Recovery, as an ex officio member.
(5) The Chairperson of the California Environmental Policy Council established pursuant to Section 71017 of the Public Resources Code, as an ex officio member.
(6) The Director of Pesticide Regulation, as an ex officio member.
(7) Ten public members with experience in pollution prevention as appointed by the department. These public members shall include all of the following:
(A) Two representatives of local governments from different regions of the state.
(B) One representative of a publicly owned treatment works.
(C) Two representatives of industry.
(D) One representative of small business.
(E) One representative of organized labor.
(F) Two representatives of statewide environmental advocacy organizations.
(G) One representative of a statewide public health advocacy organization.
(8) The department may appoint up to two additional public members with experience in pollution prevention and detailed knowledge of one of the priority categories of businesses selected in accordance with Section 25244.17.1.
(b) The advisory committee shall select one member to serve as chairperson.
(c) The members of the advisory committee shall serve without compensation, but each member, other than officials of the state, upon request, shall be reimbursed for all reasonable expenses incurred in the performance of his or her duties, as authorized by the department.
(d) When convened by the department, the advisory committee shall provide a public forum for discussion and deliberation on matters pertaining to the implementation of this chapter.
(e) The advisory committee's responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) Reviewing and providing consultation and guidance in the preparation of the work plan authorized by Section 25244.22.
(2) Evaluating the performance and progress of the department's pollution prevention program.
(3) Making recommendations to the department concerning program activities and funding priorities, and legislative changes, if needed.
(4) Making recommendations to the department concerning strategies to more effectively align its pollution prevention program with the goals of the department's green chemistry program, including the implementation of Article 14 (commencing with Section 25251).
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Health and Safety Code - HSC § 25244.15.1 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/health-and-safety-code/hsc-sect-25244-15-1.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?