Skip to main content

California Code, Health and Safety Code - HSC § 1560

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a)?The director shall require as a condition precedent to the issuance of any license or special permit for a community care facility, if the licensee or holder of a special permit handles or will handle any money of a person within the community care facility, that the applicant for the license or special permit file or have on file with the state department a bond issued by a surety company admitted to do business in this state in a sum to be fixed by the state department based upon the magnitude of the operations of the applicant, but which sum shall not be less than one thousand dollars ($1,000), running to the State of California and conditioned upon his or her faithful and honest handling of the money of persons within the facility.

(b)?The failure of any licensee under this chapter to maintain on file with the state department a bond in the amount prescribed by the director or who embezzles the trust funds of a person in the facility shall constitute cause for the revocation of the license.

(c)?The provisions of this section shall not apply if the licensee meets both of the following requirements:

(1)?The licensee operates a community care facility which is licensed to care for children including, but not limited to, a foster family home.

(2)?The licensee handles moneys of persons within the community care facility in amounts less than fifty dollars ($50) per person and less than five hundred dollars ($500) for all persons in any month.

Cite this article: - California Code, Health and Safety Code - HSC § 1560 - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard