As used in this chapter:
(a) “Long-term health care facility” means any facility licensed pursuant to Chapter 2 (commencing with Section 1250 ) that is any of the following:
(1) Skilled nursing facility.
(2) Intermediate care facility.
(3) Intermediate care facility/developmentally disabled.
(4) Intermediate care facility/developmentally disabled habilitative.
(5) Intermediate care facility/developmentally disabled-nursing.
(6) Congregate living health facility.
(7) Nursing facility.
(8) Intermediate care facility/developmentally disabled-continuous nursing.
(b) “Long-term health care facility” also includes a pediatric day health and respite care facility licensed pursuant to Chapter 8.6 (commencing with Section 1760 ).
(c) “Long-term health care facility” does not include a general acute care hospital or an acute psychiatric hospital, except for that distinct part of the hospital that provides skilled nursing facility, intermediate care facility, intermediate care facility/developmentally disabled, or pediatric day health and respite care facility services.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.