Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) There is hereby created in the State Treasury the Health Statistics Special Fund. The fund shall consist of revenues, including, but not limited to, all of the following:
(1) Fees or charges remitted to the State Registrar for record search or issuance of certificates, permits, registrations, or other documents pursuant to Chapter 3 (commencing with Section 26801) of Part 3 of Division 2 of Title 3 of the Government Code, and Chapter 4 (commencing with Section 102525), Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 102625), Chapter 8 (commencing with Section 103050), and Chapter 15 (commencing with Section 103600) of Part 1 of Division 102 of this code.
(2) Funds remitted to the State Registrar by the federal Social Security Administration for participation in the enumeration at birth program.
(3) Funds remitted to the State Registrar by the National Center for Health Statistics pursuant to the federal Vital Statistics Cooperative Program.
(4) Any other funds collected by the State Registrar, except Children's Trust Fund fees collected pursuant to Section 18966 of the Welfare and Institutions Code, Umbilical Cord Blood Collection Program Fund fees collected pursuant to Section 103625of this code, and fees allocated to the Judicial Council pursuant to Section 1852 of the Family Code, all of which shall be deposited into the General Fund.
(b) Moneys in the Health Statistics Special Fund shall be expended by the State Registrar for the purpose of funding its existing programs and programs that may become necessary to carry out its mission, upon appropriation by the Legislature.
(c) Health Statistics Special Fund moneys shall be expended only for the purposes set forth in this section and Section 102249, and shall not be expended for any other purpose or for any other state program.
(d) It is the intent of the Legislature that the Health Statistics Special Fund provide for the following:
(1) Registration and preservation of vital event records and dissemination of vital event information to the public.
(2) Data analysis of vital statistics for population projections, health trends and patterns, epidemiologic research, and development of information to support new health policies.
(3) Development of uniform health data systems that are integrated, accessible, and useful in the collection of information on health status.
(e) This section shall remain in effect only until January 1, 2023, and as of that date is repealed, unless a later enacted statute, that is enacted before January 1, 2023, deletes or extends that date.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Health and Safety Code - HSC § 102247 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/health-and-safety-code/hsc-sect-102247.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?