Skip to main content

California Code, Government Code - GOV § 7264.5

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) If a program or project undertaken by the public entity cannot proceed on a timely basis because comparable replacement housing is not available and the public entity determines that comparable replacement housing cannot otherwise be made available, the public entity shall take any action necessary or appropriate to provide the dwellings by use of funds authorized for the project. This section shall be construed to authorize the public entity to exceed the maximum amounts which may be paid under Sections 7263 and 7264 on a case-by-case basis for good cause as determined in accordance with rules and regulations adopted by the public entity. Where a displacing agency is undertaking a project with funds administered by a state agency or board, and where the displacing agency has adopted rules and regulations in accordance with Section 7267.8 for the implementation of this chapter, the determination of payments to be made pursuant to this subdivision shall be pursuant to those rules and regulations.

(b) No person shall be required to move from his or her dwelling because of its acquisition by a public entity, unless comparable replacement housing is available to the person.

(c) For purposes of determining the applicability of subdivision (a), the public entity is hereby designated as a duly authorized administrative body of the state for the purposes of subdivision (c) of Section 408 of the Revenue and Taxation Code.

(d) Subdivision (b) shall not apply to a displaced owner who agrees in writing with the public entity to remain in occupancy of the acquired dwelling as provided in subdivision (c) of Section 7263.

Cite this article: - California Code, Government Code - GOV § 7264.5 - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard