(a) This article shall be known and may be cited as the Electronic Recording Delivery Act of 2004.
(b) For the purposes of this article, the following definitions shall apply:
(2) “Computer security auditor” means computer security personnel hired to perform an independent audit of the electronic recording delivery system. The computer security auditor shall be independent of the county recorder and the authorized submitter and shall not be the same contractor hired to establish or participate in a county's electronic recording delivery system or in the authorized submitter's portion of that system.
(3) “Digital electronic record” means a record containing information that is created, generated, sent, communicated, received, or stored by electronic means, but not created in original paper form.
(4) “Digitized electronic record” means a scanned image of the original paper document.
(5) “Electronic recording delivery system” means a system to deliver for recording, and to return to the party requesting recording, digitized or digital electronic records.
(6) “Security testing” means an independent security audit by a computer security auditor, including, but not limited to, attempts to penetrate an electronic recording delivery system for the purpose of testing the security of that system.
(7) “Source code” means a program or set of programs, readable and maintainable by humans, translated or interpreted into a form that the electronic recording delivery system can execute.
(8) “System certification” means the issuance of a confirmation letter regarding a county's electronic recording delivery system by the Attorney General.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.