Skip to main content

California Code, Food and Agricultural Code (Formerly Agricultural Code) - FAC § 77926

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) The director may require the commission to correct or cease any activity or function which is determined by the director not to be in the public interest or which is in violation of this chapter.

(b) If the commission refuses or fails to cease these activities or functions or to make corrections required by the director, the director may, upon written notice, suspend all or a portion of the activities or functions of the commission until the time that the cessation or correction of the activities or functions, as required by the director, has been accomplished by the commission.

(c) Any action of the commission in violation of the written notice is without legal force or effect. The director, to the extent feasible, shall issue the written notice prior to the commission entering into any contractual relationship affecting the existing or proposed activities or functions which are the subject of the written notice.

(d) At the same time the written notice is provided to the commission, the director shall notify the commission in writing of the specific acts which the director determines are not in the public interest or are in violation of this chapter, the director's reasons for requiring a cessation or correction of specific existing or proposed activities or functions, and the director's recommendations with respect to any action that will make the activities or functions acceptable.

Cite this article: - California Code, Food and Agricultural Code (Formerly Agricultural Code) - FAC § 77926 - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard