California Code, Family Code - FAM § 7574
Search California Codes
(a) The voluntary declaration of paternity shall be executed on a form developed by the Department of Child Support Services in consultation with the State Department of Health Services, the California Family Support Council, and child support advocacy groups.
(b) The form described in subdivision (a) shall contain, at a minimum, the following:
(1) The name and the signature of the mother.
(2) The name and the signature of the father.
(3) The name of the child.
(4) The date of birth of the child.
(5) A statement by the mother that she has read and understands the written materials described in Section 7572 , that the man who has signed the voluntary declaration of paternity is the only possible father, and that she consents to the establishment of paternity by signing the voluntary declaration of paternity.
(6) A statement by the father that he has read and understands the written materials described in Section 7572 , that he understands that by signing the voluntary declaration of paternity he is waiving his rights as described in the written materials, that he is the biological father of the child, and that he consents to the establishment of paternity by signing the voluntary declaration of paternity.
(7) The name and the signature of the person who witnesses the signing of the declaration by the mother and the father.
Read this complete California Code, Family Code - FAM § 7574 on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.