California Code, Family Code - FAM § 350

(a) Before entering a marriage, or declaring a marriage pursuant to Section 425 , the parties shall first obtain a marriage license from a county clerk.

(b) If a marriage is to be entered into pursuant to subdivision (b) of Section 420 , the attorney-in-fact shall appear before the county clerk on behalf of the party who is overseas, as prescribed in subdivision (a).

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard