California Code, Family Code - FAM § 2402

(a) At any time before the filing of application for judgment pursuant to Section 2403 , either party to the marriage may revoke the joint petition and thereby terminate the summary dissolution proceeding filed pursuant to this chapter.

(b) The revocation shall be effected by filing with the clerk of the court where the proceeding was commenced a notice of revocation in such form and content as shall be prescribed by the Judicial Council.

(c) The revoking party shall send a copy of the notice of revocation to the other party by first-class mail, postage prepaid, at the other party's last known address.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard