(a) Wherever any petition or paper is submitted to the elections official, each section of the petition or paper shall have attached to it a declaration signed by the circulator of the petition or paper, setting forth, in the circulator's own hand, the following:
(1) The printed name of the circulator.
(2) The residence address of the circulator, giving street and number, or if no street or number exists, adequate designation of residence so that the location may be readily ascertained.
(3) The dates between which all the signatures to the petition or paper were obtained.
(b) Each declaration submitted pursuant to this section shall also set forth the following:
(1) That the circulator circulated that section and witnessed the appended signatures being written.
(2) That according to the best information and belief of the circulator, each signature is the genuine signature of the person whose name it purports to be.
(3) That the circulator is 18 years of age or older.
(c) The circulator shall certify the content of the declaration as to its truth and correctness, under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California, with the signature of his or her name. The circulator shall state the date and the place of execution on the declaration immediately preceding his or her signature.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.