California Code, Education Code - EDC § 8352

(a) As soon as appropriate, a county welfare department shall refer families needing child care services to the local child care resource and referral program funded pursuant to Article 2 (commencing with Section 8210 ).  Resource and referral program staff shall colocate  1 with a county welfare department's case management offices for aid under Chapter 2 (commencing with Section 11200) of Part 3 of Division 9 of the Welfare and Institutions Code , or any successor program, or arrange other means of swift communication with parents and case managers of this aid.  The local child care resource and referral program shall assist families to establish stable child care arrangements as soon as possible.  These child care arrangements may include licensed and license-exempt care.

(b) A program operating pursuant to this article shall, within two business days of being notified of a revocation or a temporary suspension order for a licensed child day care facility, do both of the following:

(1) Terminate payment to the facility.

(2) Notify each parent and the facility in writing that payment has been terminated and the reason for the termination.

(c) A program operating pursuant to this article shall, upon being notified that a licensed child care facility has been placed on probation, provide written notice to each parent utilizing the facility that the facility has been placed on probation and that the parent has the option of selecting a different child day care provider or remaining with the facility without risk of subsidy payments to the provider being terminated.  The Legislature urges each agency operating pursuant to this section to provide the written notice required by this subdivision in the primary language of the parent, to the extent feasible.

1 So in enrolled bill.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.