(a) A limited liability company shall designate and continuously maintain in this state both of the following:
(1) An office, which need not be a place of its activity in this state.
(2) An agent for service of process.
(b) A foreign limited liability company that has a certificate of registration under Section 17708.02 shall designate and continuously maintain in this state an agent for service of process.
(c) An agent for service of process of a limited liability company or foreign limited liability company shall be an individual who is a resident of this state or a corporation that has complied with Section 1505 and whose capacity to act as an agent has not terminated. If a limited liability company or foreign limited liability company designates a corporation as its agent for service of process in an instrument filed with the Secretary of State, no address for that agent for service of process shall be set forth in that instrument.
(d) Each limited liability company shall maintain in writing or in any other form capable of being converted into clearly legible tangible form at the office referred to in subdivision (a) all of the following:
(1) A current list of the full name and last known business or residence address of each member and of each transferee set forth in alphabetical order, together with the contribution and the share in profits and losses of each member and transferee.
(2) If the limited liability company is a manager-managed limited liability company, a current list of the full name and business or residence address of each manager.
(3) A copy of the articles of organization and all amendments thereto, together with any powers of attorney pursuant to which the articles of organization or any amendments thereto were executed.
(4) Copies of the limited liability company's federal, state, and local income tax or information returns and reports, if any, for the six most recent fiscal years.
(5) A copy of the limited liability company's operating agreement, if in writing, and any amendments thereto, together with any powers of attorney pursuant to which any written operating agreement or any amendments thereto were executed.
(6) Copies of the financial statement of the limited liability company, if any, for the six most recent fiscal years.
(7) The books and records of the limited liability company as they relate to the internal affairs of the limited liability company for at least the current and past four fiscal years.
(e) Upon request of an assessor, a domestic or foreign limited liability company owning, claiming, possessing, or controlling property in this state subject to local assessment shall make available at the limited liability company's principal office in this state or at the office required to be kept pursuant to subdivision (a) or at a place mutually acceptable to the assessor and the limited liability company a true copy of the business records relevant to the amount, cost, and value of all property that the limited liability company owns, claims, possesses, or controls within the county.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.