The following security interests are perfected when they attach:
(1) A purchase money security interest in consumer goods, except as otherwise provided in subdivision (b) of Section 9311 with respect to consumer goods that are subject to a statute or treaty described in subdivision (a) of Section 9311 .
(2) An assignment of accounts or payment intangibles which does not by itself or in conjunction with other assignments to the same assignee transfer a significant part of the assignor's outstanding accounts or payment intangibles.
(3) A sale of a payment intangible.
(4) A sale of a promissory note.
(5) A security interest created by the assignment of a health care insurance receivable to the provider of the health care goods or services.
(7) A security interest of a collecting bank arising under Section 4210 .
(8) A security interest of an issuer or nominated person arising under Section 5118 .
(9) A security interest arising in the delivery of a financial asset under subdivision (c) of Section 9206 .
(10) A security interest in investment property created by a broker or securities intermediary.
(11) A security interest in a commodity contract or a commodity account created by a commodity intermediary.
(12) An assignment for the benefit of all creditors of the transferor and subsequent transfers by the assignee thereunder.
(13) A security interest created by an assignment of a beneficial interest in a decedent's estate.
(14) A sale by an individual of an account that is a right to payment of winnings in a lottery or other game of chance.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.