The board shall admit to examination for a license as a cosmetologist to practice cosmetology any person who has made application to the board in proper form, paid the fee required by this chapter, and is qualified as follows:
(a) Is not less than 17 years of age.
(b) Has completed the 10th grade in the public schools of this state or its equivalent.
(c) Is not subject to denial pursuant to Section 480 .
(d) Has done any of the following:
(1) Completed a course in cosmetology from a school approved by the board.
(2) Practiced cosmetology as defined in this chapter outside of this state for a period of time equivalent to the study and training of a qualified person who has completed a course in cosmetology from a school the curriculum of which complied with requirements adopted by the board. Each three months of practice shall be deemed the equivalent of 100 hours of training for qualification under paragraph (1) of this subdivision.
(3) Holds a license as a barber in this state and has completed a cosmetology crossover course in a school approved by the board.
(4) Completed a barbering course in a school approved by the board and has completed a cosmetology crossover course in a school approved by the board.
(5) Completed the apprenticeship program in cosmetology specified in Article 4 (commencing with Section 7332 ).
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Business and Professions Code - BPC § 7321 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/business-and-professions-code/bpc-sect-7321.html
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.