(a) A licensee shall not perform any of the following acts, or permit any of the following acts to be performed by any employee, agent, or contractor of the licensee:
(1) Make any contract in restraint of trade in violation of Section 16600 .
(2) Form a trust or other prohibited organization in restraint of trade in violation of Section 16720 .
(3) Make a sale or contract for the sale of cannabis or cannabis products, or to fix a price charged therefor, or discount from, or rebate upon, that price, on the condition, agreement, or understanding that the consumer or purchaser thereof shall not use or deal in the goods, merchandise, machinery, supplies, commodities, or services of a competitor or competitors of the seller, where the effect of that sale, contract, condition, agreement, or understanding may be to substantially lessen competition or tend to create a monopoly in any line of trade or commerce.
(4) Sell any cannabis or cannabis products at less than cost for the purpose of injuring competitors, destroying competition, or misleading or deceiving purchasers or prospective purchasers.
(5) Discriminate between different sections, communities, or cities or portions thereof, or between different locations in those sections, communities, or cities or portions thereof in this state, by selling or furnishing cannabis or cannabis products at a lower price in one section, community, or city or any portion thereof, or in one location in that section, community, or city or any portion thereof, than in another, for the purpose of injuring competitors or destroying competition.
(6) Sell any cannabis or cannabis products at less than the cost thereof to such vendor, or to give away any article or product for the purpose of injuring competitors or destroying competition.
(b) Any person who, either as director, officer, or agent of any firm or corporation, or as agent of any person, violates the provisions of this chapter, or assists or aids, directly or indirectly, in that violation is responsible therefor equally with the person, firm, or corporation for which that person acts.
(c) Any person or trade association may bring an action to enjoin and restrain any violation of this section for the recovery of damages.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.