(a) The license classification pursuant to this division shall, at a minimum, be as follows:
(1) Type 1-Cultivation; Specialty outdoor; Small.
(2) Type 1A-Cultivation; Specialty indoor; Small.
(3) Type 1B-Cultivation; Specialty mixed-light; Small.
(4) Type 1C-Cultivation; Specialty cottage; Small.
(5) Type 2-Cultivation; Outdoor; Small.
(6) Type 2A-Cultivation; Indoor; Small.
(7) Type 2B-Cultivation; Mixed-light; Small.
(8) Type 3-Cultivation; Outdoor; Medium.
(9) Type 3A-Cultivation; Indoor; Medium.
(10) Type 3B-Cultivation; Mixed-light; Medium.
(11) Type 4-Cultivation; Nursery.
(12) Type 5-Cultivation; Outdoor; Large.
(13) Type 5A-Cultivation; Indoor; Large.
(14) Type 5B-Cultivation; Mixed-light; Large.
(15) Type 6-Manufacturer 1.
(16) Type 7-Manufacturer 2.
(17) Type 8-Testing laboratory.
(18) Type 10-Retailer.
(19) Type 11-Distributor.
(20) Type 12-Microbusiness.
(b) With the exception of testing laboratory licenses, which may be used to test cannabis and cannabis products regardless of whether they are intended for use by individuals who possesses a physician's recommendation, all licenses issued under this division shall bear a clear designation indicating whether the license is for commercial adult-use cannabis activity as distinct from commercial medicinal cannabis activity by prominently affixing an “A” or “M,” respectively. Examples of such a designation include, but are not limited to, “A-Type 1” or “M-Type 1.” Except as specifically specified in this division, the requirements for A-licenses and M-licenses shall be the same. For testing laboratories, the bureau shall create a license that indicates a testing laboratory may test both adult-use and medicinal cannabis.
(c) A license issued pursuant to this division shall be valid for 12 months from the date of issuance. The license may be renewed annually.
(d) Each licensing authority shall establish procedures for the issuance and renewal of licenses.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Business and Professions Code - BPC § 26050 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/business-and-professions-code/bpc-sect-26050.html
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.