(a) Upon ceasing to transact business in this state under a fictitious business name that was filed in the previous five years, a registrant who has filed a fictitious business name statement shall file a statement of abandonment of use of fictitious business name. The statement of abandonment shall be executed in the same manner as a fictitious business name statement, excluding the requirements of subdivisions (d) , (e) , and (f) of Section 17913 and shall be filed with the county clerk of the county in which the registrant has filed the fictitious business name statement. The statement shall be published in the same manner as a fictitious business name statement and an affidavit showing its publication shall be filed with the county clerk after the completion of publication.
(b) The statement shall include:
(1) The name being abandoned and the street address of the principal place of business.
(2) The date on which the fictitious business name statement relating to the fictitious business name being abandoned was filed, the file number, and the county where filed.
(3) In the case of an individual, the full name and residence address of the individual.
(4) In the case of a married couple, the full name and residence address of both parties to the marriage.
(5) In the case of a general partnership, a limited partnership, copartners, a limited liability partnership, a joint venture, or an unincorporated association other than a partnership, the full names and residence addresses of all of the general partners.
(6) In the case of a corporation, the name and address of the corporation as set forth in its articles of incorporation on file with the California Secretary of State.
(7) In the case of a trust, the full name and residence address of each of the trustees.
(8) In the case of a limited liability company, the name and address of the limited liability company as set forth in its articles of organization on file with the California Secretary of State.
(9) In the case of state or local registered domestic partners, the full name and residence address of each domestic partner.
(c) This section shall become operative on January 1, 2014.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.