A. A person shall not:
1. Practice open burning at a solid waste facility without a variance approval issued by the director.
2. Scavenge at a solid waste facility.
3. Damage or destroy signs posted at a solid waste facility.
4. Dump or dispose of solid waste in violation of any provision of this chapter or any applicable rule adopted pursuant to article 4 of this chapter. 1
5. Operate a solid waste facility in a manner inconsistent with the solid waste facility plan after it has been approved or any rule adopted pursuant to article 4 of this chapter.
B. A violation of subsection A of this section is a class 2 misdemeanor.
C. In addition to the penalties prescribed by subsection B of this section or § 13-1603, subsection B , a person who violates this section or § 13-1603 shall be subject to a civil penalty in an amount prescribed by § 49-783 .
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.