A. Any person who is employed by a state or local government entity and who, in violation of § 39-123 , knowingly releases the home address or home telephone number of an eligible person with the intent to hinder an investigation, cause physical injury to an eligible person or the eligible person's immediate family or cause damage to the property of an eligible person or the eligible person's immediate family is guilty of a class 6 felony.
B. Any person who is employed by a state or local government entity and who, in violation of § 39-123 , knowingly releases a photograph of a peace officer with the intent to hinder an investigation, cause physical injury to a peace officer or the peace officer's immediate family or cause damage to the property of a peace officer or the peace officer's immediate family is guilty of a class 6 felony.
C. For the purposes of this section:
1. “Code enforcement officer” means a person who is employed by a state or local government and whose duties include performing field inspections of buildings, structures or property to ensure compliance with and enforce national, state and local laws, ordinances and codes.
2. “Commissioner” means a commissioner of the superior court or municipal court.
3. “Corrections support staff member” means an adult or juvenile corrections employee who has direct contact with inmates.
4. “Eligible person” means a former public official, peace officer, spouse of a peace officer, spouse or minor child of a deceased peace officer, border patrol agent, justice, judge, commissioner, hearing officer, public defender, prosecutor, code enforcement officer, adult or juvenile corrections officer, corrections support staff member, probation officer, member of the board of executive clemency, law enforcement support staff member, employee of the department of child safety or employee of adult protective services who has direct contact with families in the course of employment, national guard member who is acting in support of a law enforcement agency, person who is protected under an order of protection or injunction against harassment, firefighter who is assigned to the Arizona counter terrorism information center in the department of public safety or victim of domestic violence or stalking who is protected under an order of protection or injunction against harassment.
5. “Former public official” means a person who was duly elected or appointed to Congress, the legislature or a statewide office, who ceased serving in that capacity and who was the victim of a dangerous offense as defined in § 13-105 while in office.
6. “Hearing officer” means a hearing officer who is appointed pursuant to § 28-1553 .
7. “Judge” means a judge or former judge of the United States district court, the United States court of appeals, the United States magistrate court, the United States bankruptcy court, the United States immigration court, the Arizona court of appeals, the superior court or a municipal court.
8. “Justice” means a justice of the United States or Arizona supreme court or a justice of the peace.
9. “Law enforcement support staff member” means a person who serves in the role of an investigator or prosecutorial assistant in an agency that investigates or prosecutes crimes, who is integral to the investigation or prosecution of crimes and whose name or identity will be revealed in the course of public proceedings.
10. “Peace officer” has the same meaning prescribed in § 13-105 .
11. “Prosecutor” means a current or former county attorney, municipal prosecutor, attorney general or United States attorney and includes a current or former assistant or deputy United States attorney, county attorney, municipal prosecutor or attorney general.
12. “Public defender” means a federal public defender, county public defender, county legal defender or county contract indigent defense counsel and includes an assistant or deputy federal public defender, county public defender or county legal defender.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arizona Revised Statutes Title 39. Public Records, Printing and Notices § 39-124. Releasing information identifying an eligible person; violations; classification; definitions - last updated March 08, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/az/title-39-public-records-printing-and-notices/az-rev-st-sect-39-124.html
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.