Arizona Revised Statutes Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations § 25-902. Existing marriages;  conversion to covenant marriage;  recording requirements

A husband and wife may enter into a covenant marriage by submitting to the clerk of the superior court or any other official designated by the clerk pursuant to § 25-126 or 25-127 the declaration prescribed in § 25-901, subsection B , paragraphs 1 and 3 and a sworn statement of their names and the date and place their marriage was contracted and by paying the fee prescribed in § 12-284, subsection A . The clerk shall file all documentation required by this section and shall issue to the husband and wife a certificate that documents the conversion.  A husband and wife who apply for a covenant marriage conversion under this section are not required to receive premarital counseling required by § 25-901 and are not required to have the converted covenant marriage separately solemnized.  Conversion to a covenant marriage does not make valid a marriage that is prohibited pursuant to this title or that is not validly contracted in this state.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard