A teacher or administrator in any school in this state may read or post in any school building copies or excerpts of the following materials:
1. The national motto.
2. The national anthem.
3. The pledge of allegiance.
4. The preamble to the constitution of this state.
5. The declaration of independence.
6. The Mayflower compact.
7. Writings, speeches, documents and proclamations of the founding fathers and the presidents of the United States.
8. Published decisions of the United States Supreme Court.
9. Acts of the United States Congress.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.