In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. “Advertising” or “advertisement” means any message in any medium that offers or solicits any person to engage in sexual conduct in this state.
2. “Communication service provider” has the same meaning prescribed in § 13-3001 .
3. “Computer” has the same meaning prescribed in § 13-2301, subsection E .
4. “Computer system” has the same meaning prescribed in § 13-2301, subsection E .
5. “Exploitive exhibition” means the actual or simulated exhibition of the genitals or pubic or rectal areas of any person for the purpose of sexual stimulation of the viewer.
6. “Minor” means a person or persons who were under eighteen years of age at the time a visual depiction was created, adapted or modified.
7. “Network” has the same meaning prescribed in § 13-2301, subsection E .
8. “Producing” means financing, directing, manufacturing, issuing, publishing or advertising for pecuniary gain.
9. “Remote computing service” has the same meaning prescribed in § 13-3001 .
10. “Sexual conduct” means actual or simulated:
(a) Sexual intercourse, including genital-genital, oral-genital, anal-genital or oral-anal, whether between persons of the same or opposite sex.
(b) Penetration of the vagina or rectum by any object except when done as part of a recognized medical procedure.
(c) Sexual bestiality.
(d) Masturbation, for the purpose of sexual stimulation of the viewer.
(e) Sadomasochistic abuse for the purpose of sexual stimulation of the viewer.
(f) Defecation or urination for the purpose of sexual stimulation of the viewer.
11. “Simulated” means any depicting of the genitals or rectal areas that gives the appearance of sexual conduct or incipient sexual conduct.
12. “Visual depiction” includes each visual image that is contained in an undeveloped film, videotape or photograph or data stored in any form and that is capable of conversion into a visual image.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arizona Revised Statutes Title 13. Criminal Code § 13-3551. Definitions - last updated March 08, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/az/title-13-criminal-code/az-rev-st-sect-13-3551.html
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.