Arizona Revised Statutes Title 10. Corporations and Associations § 10-11501. Authority to conduct affairs required

A. A foreign corporation shall not conduct affairs in this state until it is granted authority to transact business in this state as provided in this chapter from the commission.

B. The following activities, among others, do not constitute conducting affairs within the meaning of subsection A:

1. Maintaining, defending or settling any proceeding.

2. Holding meetings of the board of directors or members or carrying on other activities concerning internal corporate affairs.

3. Maintaining bank accounts.

4. Maintaining offices or agencies for the transfer, exchange and registration of memberships or securities or maintaining trustees or depositaries with respect to those securities.

5. Selling through independent contractors.

6. Soliciting or obtaining orders, whether by mail or through employees or agents or otherwise, if the orders require acceptance outside this state before they become contracts.

7. Creating or acquiring indebtedness, mortgages and security interests in real or personal property.

8. Securing or collecting debts or enforcing mortgages and security interests in property securing the same.

9. Owning, without more, real or personal property.

10. Conducting an isolated transaction that is completed within thirty days and that is not one in the course of repeated transactions of a like nature.

11. Conducting affairs in interstate commerce.

12. Being a limited partner of a limited partnership or a member of a limited liability company.

C. The list of activities in subsection B is not exhaustive.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard