(a) A petition for adoption signed and verified by the petitioner, shall be filed with the clerk of the court, and state:
(1) The date and place of birth of the individual to be adopted, if known;
(2) The name to be used for the individual to be adopted;
(3) The date the petitioner:
(A) Acquired custody of the minor and of placement of the minor and the name of the person placing the minor; and a statement as to how the petitioner acquired custody of the minor; or
(B) Was selected to adopt the minor by the child placement agency licensed by the Child Welfare Agency Review Board;
(4) The full name, age, place, and duration of residence of the petitioner;
(5) The marital status of the petitioner, including the date and place of marriage, if married;
(6) That the petitioner has facilities and resources, including those available under a subsidy agreement, suitable to provide for the nurture and care of the minor to be adopted and that it is the desire of the petitioner to establish the relationship of parent and child with the individual to be adopted;
(7) A description and estimate of value of any property of the individual to be adopted;
(8) The name of any person whose consent to the adoption is required, but who has not consented, and facts or circumstances which excuse the lack of his or her normally required consent, to the adoption; and
(9) In cases involving a child born to a mother unmarried at the time of the child's birth, a statement that an inquiry has been made to the Putative Father Registry and either:
(A) No information has been filed in regard to the child born to this mother; or
(B) Information is contained in the registry.
(b) A certified copy of the birth certificate or verfication 1 of birth record of the individual to be adopted, if available, and the required consents and relinquishments shall be filed with the clerk.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arkansas Code Title 9. Family Law § 9-9-210. Petition for adoption - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ar/title-9-family-law/ar-code-sect-9-9-210.html
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.