Arkansas Code Title 9. Family Law § 9-30-107. Disbursement of funds
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Arkansas Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) The Department of Human Services may disburse money appropriated from the Children's Trust Fund exclusively to make grants or loans to any person, group of persons, or legal entity for the development or operation of a prevention program if at least all of the following conditions are met:
(1) The appropriate local council has reviewed and approved the program;
(2) The organization demonstrates an ability to match through money or in-kind services at least twenty-five percent (25%) of the amount of any Children's Trust Fund money to be disbursed to it;
(3) The organization demonstrates a willingness and ability to provide prevention program models and consultation to organizations and communities regarding prevention program development and maintenance; and
(4) Other conditions that the department may deem appropriate.
(b) Disbursement of Children's Trust Fund money under subsection (a) of this section shall be kept at a minimum in furtherance of the primary purpose of the Children's Trust Fund, which is to disburse money to encourage the direct provision of services to prevent child abuse and neglect.
(c)(1) Except as provided in subdivision (c)(2) of this section, the department may disburse money appropriated from the One Percent to Prevent Fund exclusively to make grants to any person, group of persons, or legal entity for the development, implementation, operation, or improvement of a parenting-from-prison program, a program for the children of prisoners, or a post-release parenting program as provided in § 9-30-105(c)(2).
(2) To make a grant under subdivision (c)(1) of this section, the following requirements must be met:
(A) The department or its designee reviews and approves the program;
(B) The person or entity applying for the grant demonstrates the academic background and evaluative experience necessary to provide program models and consultation on any of the programs under § 9-30-105(c); and
(C) Other conditions that the department may deem appropriate.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arkansas Code Title 9. Family Law § 9-30-107. Disbursement of funds - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ar/title-9-family-law/ar-code-sect-9-30-107.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?