Arkansas Code Title 9. Family Law § 9-21-309. Content of temporary custody order
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Arkansas Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) An order granting custodial responsibility under this Article must:
(1) designate the order as temporary; and
(2) identify to the extent feasible the destination, duration, and conditions of the deployment.
(b) If applicable, an order for custodial responsibility under this Article must:
(1) specify the allocation of caretaking authority, decision-making authority, or limited contact among the deploying parent, the other parent, and any nonparent;
(2) if the order divides caretaking or decision-making authority between individuals, or grants caretaking authority to one individual and limited contact to another, provide a process to resolve any dispute that may arise;
(3) provide for liberal communication between the deploying parent and the child during deployment, including through electronic means, unless contrary to the best interest of the child, and allocate any costs of communications;
(4) provide for liberal contact between the deploying parent and the child during the time the deploying parent is on leave or otherwise available, unless contrary to the best interest of the child;
(5) provide for reasonable contact between the deploying parent and the child after return from deployment until the temporary order is terminated, even if the time of contact exceeds the time the deploying parent spent with the child before entry of the temporary order; and
(6) provide that the order will terminate pursuant to Article 4 after the deploying parent returns from deployment.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arkansas Code Title 9. Family Law § 9-21-309. Content of temporary custody order - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ar/title-9-family-law/ar-code-sect-9-21-309.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?