(a) As used in this section, “e-cigarette” means an electronic oral device that provides a vapor of nicotine or another substance that, when used or inhaled simulates smoking, including without limitation a device that:
(1) Is composed of a heating element, battery, or electronic circuit, or a combination of heating element, battery, and electronic circuit;
(2) Works in combination with a liquid nicotine delivery device composed either in whole or in part of pure nicotine and propylene glycol and manufactured for use with e-cigarettes; and
(3) Is manufactured, distributed, marketed, or sold as an e-cigarette, e-cigar, e-pipe, or under any other name or descriptor.
(b) Smoking tobacco, the use of tobacco or tobacco products, or the use of e-cigarettes is prohibited:
(1) In or on real property owned or leased by a public school district, including a public charter school; or
(2) In or on personal property, including without limitation school buses, owned or leased by a public school district, including a public charter school.
(c) A copy of this statute shall be posted in a conspicuous location at every entrance to each building owned or leased by a public school district and every school bus used to transport public school students.
(d) A person who violates this section commits a violation punishable by a fine of not less than ten dollars ($10.00) nor more than one hundred dollars ($100).
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.