Arkansas Code Title 6. Education § 6-13-1003. Tentative boundaries
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Arkansas Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) The State Board of Education shall establish tentative boundaries for the system of education service cooperatives authorized by this subchapter.
(b) These education service cooperatives shall be established so that:
(1) They include at least three (3) but no more than nine (9) counties;
(2) They include at least ten (10) but no more than thirty-five (35) school districts;
(3) They include at least twenty thousand (20,000) pupils in kindergarten through grade twelve (K-12) average daily membership;
(4) They include at least one (1) postsecondary education institution; and
(5) There is no more than fifty (50) miles distance or approximately one (1) hour driving time to the area's main offices for ninety percent (90%) of the school districts.
(c)(1) The state board may make adjustments in the boundaries when criteria such as minimum average daily membership and maximum driving distances conflict.
(2) However, no more than four (4) of the areas formed may contain fewer than twenty thousand (20,000) students.
(3) In no case shall any education service cooperative be established with fewer than twelve thousand (12,000) pupils.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arkansas Code Title 6. Education § 6-13-1003. Tentative boundaries - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ar/title-6-education/ar-code-sect-6-13-1003.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?