Arkansas Code Title 5. Criminal Offenses § 5-64-402. Controlled substances--Offenses relating to records, maintaining premises, etc.

(a) It is unlawful for any person:

(1) To refuse an entry into any premises for any inspection authorized by this chapter;  or

(2) Knowingly to keep or maintain any store, shop, warehouse, dwelling, building, or other structure or place or premise that is resorted to by a person for the purpose of using or obtaining a controlled substance in violation of this chapter or that is used for keeping a controlled substance in violation of this chapter.

(b)(1) Any person who violates this section is guilty of a Class C felony.

(2) However, a violation of this section is a Class B felony if the violation is committed on or within one thousand feet (1,000′) of the real property of a certified drug-free zone.

(c) As used in this section:

(1) “Certified drug-free zone” means:

(A) A city or state park;

(B) A public or private elementary or secondary school, public vocational school, or public or private college or university;

(C) A designated school bus stop as identified on the route list published by a public school district annually;

(D) A publically   1 funded and administered multifamily housing development;

(E) A skating rink, Boys and Girls Club, YMCA, YWCA, community center, recreation center, or video arcade;

(F) A drug or alcohol treatment facility;

(G) A day care center;

(H) A church;  or

(I) A shelter as defined in § 9-4-102 ;  and

(2) “Recreation center” means a public place consisting of various types of entertainment including without limitation:

(A) Billiards or pool;

(B) Ping pong or table tennis;

(C) Bowling;

(D) Video games;

(E) Pinball machines;  or

(F) Any other similar type of entertainment.

1 So in enrolled act.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard