The following persons are not considered a debt adjuster for the purposes of this subchapter:
(1) An attorney at law;
(2) A bank, fiduciary, or financing and lending institution as authorized and admitted to transact business in this state and performing credit and financial adjusting services in the regular course of its principal business;
(3) A title insurer or abstract company, while doing an escrow business;
(4) An employer, for its employees;
(5) A judicial officer or another person acting pursuant to court order;
(6) A nonprofit organization giving debt management service without fee or charge or with a fee if the fee is in an amount not to exceed the amount of actual expenses incurred in offering the debt management service; and
(7) An association, for its members.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.