Skip to main content

Arkansas Code Title 4. Business and Commercial Law § 4-96-305. Refund or replacement

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) If a manufacturer, an agent of a manufacturer, a distributor, or an authorized dealer does not conform farm machinery to the warranty as required under § 4-96-303, after notice of the nonconformity under § 4-96-303 by repairing or correcting one (1) or more nonconformities that substantially impair the farm machinery after a reasonable number of attempts, then, within thirty (30) days, the manufacturer or distributor shall:

(1) At the time of receipt of payment of a reasonable offset for use by the consumer, replace the farm machinery with comparable farm machinery acceptable to the consumer;  or

(2) Repurchase the farm machinery from the buyer or lessor and refund to the buyer or lessor the full purchase price or lease price, less:

(A) A reasonable allowance for consumer use;  and

(B) A reasonable offset for physical damage sustained by the farm machinery while under the ownership of the consumer.

(b) The replacement or refund under subsection (a) of this section shall include payment of all collateral charges and reasonably incurred incidental charges.

(c) A buyer has an unconditional right to choose a refund rather than a replacement under this subchapter.

(d) At the time of the refund or replacement, a consumer, lien holder, or lessor shall furnish clear title to and possession of the farm machinery to the manufacturer, distributor, or authorized dealer.

(e) The amount of reasonable allowance for consumer use is determined by the fair lease value of the farm machinery.

Cite this article: - Arkansas Code Title 4. Business and Commercial Law § 4-96-305. Refund or replacement - last updated January 01, 2020 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard