Arkansas Code Title 4. Business and Commercial Law § 4-32-103. Company name

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) The name of each limited liability company as set forth in its articles of organization must contain the words “Limited Liability Company” or “Limited Company” or the abbreviations “L.L.C.”, “L.C.”, “LLC”, or “LC”.  The word “Limited” may be abbreviated as “Ltd.” and the word “Company” may be abbreviated as “Co.”.

(b) A limited liability company name must be distinguishable upon the records of the Secretary of State from:

(1) The name of any limited liability company, limited partnership, or corporation existing under the laws of this state or authorized to transact business in this state;  or

(2) Any name reserved under § 4-32-104.

(c) The provisions of subsection (b) of this section shall not apply if the applicant files with the Secretary of State a certified copy of a final decree of a court of competent jurisdiction establishing the prior right of the applicant to the use of the name in this state.

(d) The name of a limited liability company which performs professional service shall in addition contain the words “Professional Limited Liability Company” or “Professional Limited Company” or the abbreviations “P.L.L.C.”, “P.L.C.”, “PLLC”, “PLC”, and the words “Limited” and “Company” may be abbreviated as “Ltd.” or “Co.” and may not contain the name of any person who is not a member, except that the name of a former member or member of a predecessor organization may continue to be included in the name.

Cite this article: - Arkansas Code Title 4. Business and Commercial Law § 4-32-103. Company name - last updated January 01, 2020 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard