(a) As used in this subchapter, “autocycle” means a motorcycle as defined in § 27-49-114(9) that is equipped with:
(1) Three (3) tires;
(2) A steering wheel;
(3) Seating that does not require the operator to straddle or sit astride the seat;
(4) Headlights as required under § 27-20-104(a)(1) ;
(5) Tail lamps as required under § 27-20-104(a)(3) ;
(6) Brakes as required under § 27-20-104(a)(4) ;
(7) A working horn as required under § 27-20-104(a)(5) ; and
(8) Signal lamps as provided under § 27-36-216 .
(b) An autocycle that is operated by electricity shall not be required to have a muffler.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.